About this week’s episode: A hustler doesn’t sit by idly when something needs to be done. They roll up their sleeves and get to work. Nina Baliga shares her story of how instead of internalizing her frustrations regarding a lack of diversity in her industry, she took action in order to build a better future for those who are coming after her.
About our guest: Nina Baliga is the Co-Founder & CEO of <div>ersity, a startup focused on creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive tech industry. They are building a platform that’s the “Glassdoor for diversity” where companies can highlight what they’re doing to create inclusive environments for people of all backgrounds, and diverse coders, developers and engineers can share their experiences in the workplace. As a child of immigrants, Nina has always been passionate about social justice and improving the lives of marginalized people. She began her career in the non-profit world working to empower underrepresented communities, then went on to get an MBA before she decided to teach herself front-end web development and user experience design. With nearly twenty years of experience in non-profit and for-profit organizations, she decided to dive into the startup world combining her community organizing, business, and app development skills.
- “Is Your Tech Company Inclusive? This Woman Of Color Designed A Review System Targeting Underrepresented Employees” Moguldum. https://moguldom.com/19990/is-your-tech-company-inclusive-this-woman-of-color-designed-a-review-system-targeting-underrepresented-employees/
- Women Who Startup Summit in 2017 speech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2FbMzX7U4
<div>ersity Social Media:
- Website: https://hirediversity.us
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hirediversity/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hirediversity/
- Twitter: @diversity_us
- Medium: http://medium.com/div-ersity
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Social Media
- Go Code Colorado
Listen to Nina’s episode here or on your favorite podcast app.